Sunday, November 11, 2012

Becoming a Home Daycare Provider in Virginia

When I started back in 2005, licensing didn’t make providers have to have half of the paperwork that we have to do now.  Below I have listed a couple of the new requirements.  Some of the forms are old, like the background checks, TB testing, and sworn disclosure.  Here is a link to DSS so you can see ALL of the new forms. 
When I resubmit for renewal for licensure, they want to know whether I have ever declared bankruptcy, whether I’m overdue for MY taxes to federal, or state.  Hmmmm…  You ask what does that have to do with childcare, and I ask the same thing!!!!  But, it gets better.  They also want to know how much is your mortgage or rent, utilities, fuel for gas, maintenance for your vehicle, home maintenance, equipment, and the damn list goes on and on.  So, if you’re interested in childcare get ready for all the forms.

Things to do:
-        - Get a TB test
-        - Background checks
-        - Go through zoning
-        - Pay a fee for zoning (approximately $1200) if you want 12 children at one time
-         -If you’re going to give medication you have to have MAT training (Medication Administration Training)


Post a Comment