Saturday, November 14, 2009

My background...

My name is Latisha Jalloh. I've owned my own business since 2005. I started with a certificate. By getting a certificate I was allowed to have five children, I wanted to expand so I got a license. Now I have twelve children plus an assistant.

I have learned so much along the way! One, you should help other up and coming daycare providers because you receive so many blessings from helping others. I believe this is why my house stays full. When I started I thought I would buy a few toys and had no idea how much paperwork went into owning your business. People let’s not forget that this is a business.


If I haven’t learned anything else I have learned that you have to hold on to everything:

-Bank statements from when you began (I know because of personal experience like being audited IRS) I’ll go further at another time.
-Receipts (I’ve learned that receipts start to fade so you should scan them.)
-A wonderful accountant (I love my lady)
-I’ve even went as far as taking pictures of each room that I use for my daycare
-Please have insurance on our rental, and especially if you own your home
-I have insurance on my vehicle as well because you just never know!

The list goes on but, this is all I can think of for now. If I think of anything else I will list it. Please include your thoughts and if you have any questions don’t hesitate ask.

8 comments:

Post a Comment